BOONVILLE, Mo. (KMIZ)
Cooper County health authorities said Sunday that a patron of Isle of Capri casino in Boonville tested positive for COVID-19.
“This individual visited the gaming floor on March 17, 2020 for approximately two hours” from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., the agency said. The release provided instructions for people who might have been exposed to seek drive-thru tests.
The person lives outside Cooper County, the department said, but the release didn’t specify where.
The Cooper County Health Department said it is working with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and Cooper County officials. The department promised to “take the necessary precautions to keep our community safe” and monitor the COVID-19 situation.
The release encouraged anyone without a doctor who suspects they might have COVID-19 to contact the health department at 660-882-2626.
The news came on a day when state health officials said the number of people with COVID-19 reached 106. However, that was a significant undercount, with several cases reported by local health authorities not part of the total.
Gov. Mike Parson on Saturday introduced statewide restrictions that take effect early Monday limiting the size of public gatherings to 10 and closing on-site dining at restaurants. The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education last week reported that every public and charter school statewide had shut down.
App Breaking News Alert Bar / Coronavirus / Email Alert – Breaking News / News / Top Stories
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso