By: WCTV Eyewitness News
March 10, 2020
TALLAHASSEE, Fla (WCTV) – The Florida Department of Health announced a new positive case of coronavirus Tuesday morning. This is now the 14th positive case in the state.
According to FDOH, the new case is a 69-year-old woman from Broward County. It is not known if this patient had traveled internationally recently.
Monday night, the FDOH announced the 13th case was a 60-year-old woman from Volusia County, which is located northeast of Orlando. This person is isolated and will continue to remain isolated until cleared by public health officials.
Officials say the 60 year old has recently traveled outside of the United States.
As of Tuesday morning, FDOH says 222 test results came back negative, and 155 other tests are still pending results. Additionally, 319 people are currently under public health monitoring. To date, FDOH has monitored 1,161 people for the coronavirus.
Five Floridians who tested positive for COVID-19 are outside of the state and are being isolated at a federally designated site until they’re healthy. One non-Florida resident tested positive in the state.
For the latest numbers and the state’s response to the COVID-19 coronavirus, visit the FDOH website.
Copyright 2020 WCTV. All rights reserved.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso