Biology 9 Lesson 26: Practice: Identify several types of mutations
1. Theoretical Summary
– Review your knowledge of the following lessons:
- Structural mutations of NST
- Mutations in the number of chromosomes
2. Practice Procedure
2.1. Identify genetic mutations that cause morphological changes
- Observe the picture to compare the original form with the mutant form to see the difference.
- Some diseases caused by genetic mutations: Albinism, excess lack of fingers and feet in humans, long rice, ..
2.2. Identify mutations in the number of chromosomes
a. Structural mutations of NST
– There are types of mutations in chromosome number: chromosome deletion, chromosome duplication, chromosome inversion, and translocation.
– Some cases caused by mutations in chromosomal structure: Duplication of amylase-producing enzyme in wheat,…
b. Mutations in the number of chromosomes
There are two types of mutations in chromosome number: aneuploidy and polyploidy.
- Heterozygous mutations cause some genetic defects such as: Dao, Tern, Claiphente…
- Polyploidy mutations create high-yielding plant varieties such as seedless watermelon, large-sized onion,…
2.3. Practice results
3. Report on practice results
The groups take turns to evaluate the performance report
First and last name ………….
After completing this lesson, you should:
- Know how to identify diseased body morphology from observed samples.
- Know how to use the microscope to observe the specimens.