Biology 9 Lesson 14: Practice: Observing the morphology of chromosome structure
1. Theoretical Summary
a. Content related knowledge
You can review the specifics and characteristics of each stage of cell division in lesson 9: Mitosis and lesson 10: Meiosis.
- Components involved in cell division:
- Shape and structure of chromosomes
b. Preparing instruments
Chromosome-fixed specimens of some animals and plants (roundworms, grasshoppers, buffaloes, cows, pigs…).
Optical microscopes with the appropriate number of groups of students.
Template box with the number corresponding to the number of student groups
2. Practice Procedure
Students work in groups
Observe the morphology of chromosomes and draw the observed image
– Timeline of cell division:
3. Report on the group’s practice results
The groups take turns to evaluate the performance report
First and last name ………….
After completing this lesson, you should:
- Observe and correctly identify the stages of cell division.
- Understand the theory of cell division.