Unit 8 grade 8: English Speaking Countries – Project
1. Unit 8 class 8 Project
Explore us! (Check us out!)
Capital cities are great attractions.
Work in groups of four or five.
1. Do some research on one of the cities, then make a list of places and activities that you think will attract tourists to the city.
2. Design a poster for the city with pictures and information.
3. Present your poster to the class and introduce the city.
4. The whole class voted for the most attractive poster.
Guide to answer
Canberra is Australia’s capital, it is built through an architectural design competition and it is also referred to as the “bush capital”. Canberra has unique entertainment and its own characteristics.
Places: Burley Griffin lake, National Library of Australia, National Carillon bell tower, Parliamentary Triangle
– Walking around the lake or riding bike a round Burley Griffin
– Rowing around and taking some photos in Burley Griffin the lake
– Studying valuable documents to better understand the cultural value of Australia and other countries around the world in National Library of Australia
– Admiring 55 bronze bells on the tower, enjoy the music in National Carillon bell tower
– Enjoying the panoramic view of the capital Canberra
– Explore the peaceful landscape and learn more about the artworks, the famous works of the capital in Parliamentary Triangle
– Join in Hot air balloon festival and Car exhibition festival Summernats
Canberra is the capital of Australia, built through an architectural design competition and it is also known as the “bush capital”. Canberra has its own unique way of entertainment and character.
Place: Lake Burley Griffin, National Library of Australia, National Bell Tower Carillon, Parliament Triangle
– Take a walk around the lake or cycle around Lake Burley Griffin
– Paddle around and take some photos at Lake Burley Griffin
– Study valuable documents to better understand the cultural values of Australia and countries around the world at the National Library of Australia
– Admire 55 bronze bells on the tower, enjoy music in the National Carillon bell tower
– A panoramic view of the capital Canberra
– Explore the peaceful landscape and learn more about famous works of art and works of the capital in the Triangle of Parliament
– Participate in the hot air balloon festival and the Summernats . car show festival
At the end of the lesson, the children need to study a city with their friends and list out places and activities that attract tourists to visit. After gathering all the information, the group together create a poster that is beautiful and attractive to viewers.