Chemistry 8 Lesson 1: Introduction to Chemistry
1. Summary of theory
1.1. What is chemistry?
*Experiment 1: Reaction between Copper sulfate (blue) and sodium hydroxide solution
– Operation of the experiment: Put a few drops of Copper sulphate solution (blue) into the cylinder containing sodium hydroxide solution.
Video 1: Reaction between Copper sulfate (blue) and sodium hydroxide solution
– Phenomena: See the appearance of a blue precipitate, insoluble in water (Precipitation is a solid that appears in a liquid and settles (insoluble) during the experiment)
– Conclusion: From liquids to solids, there is a substance change.
* Experiment 2: Reaction between iron nails and hydrochloric solution
– Experimental manipulation: Put a small iron nail into the tube containing hydrochloric acid solution
Video 2: Reaction between Iron nails and hydrochloric solution
– Phenomena: Colorless air bubbles appear, escape.
– Conclusion: From a liquid and a solid to a gas, there is a change in substance.
Chemistry is the science that studies substances, their transformations…
1.2. What role does chemistry play in our lives?
a. Answer the question
Question 1: List the items that are essential items used in your household?
Verse 2: Name chemical products that are widely used in agricultural and handicraft production in your locality.
Question 3: Name chemical products that serve your studies and protect your family’s health
– Chemistry plays a huge role in daily life, producing…
– Daily life: Clothes, medicine, books…
– In agriculture and industry: Fertilizers, pesticides, machines… so with chemistry, people have created many substances at will.
⇒ Chemistry plays a very important role in our life.
1.3. What do you need to do to do well in Chemistry?
a. Collect and seek knowledge
b. Information processing
– Draw conclusions
– Answer the question
1.4. What is the best way to study Chemistry?
– Know how to do experiments.
– Enthusiastic, proactive and creative.
– Remember knowledge selectively.
– Regularly practice the love of reading.
2. Illustrated exercise
a. Many household items and production tools are made from substances such as iron, aluminum, and plastic. Name three types of items that are essential items used in your household.
b. Name three types of chemical products that are widely used in agricultural or handicraft production in your locality.
c. List chemical products that directly serve your studies and protect the health of your family.
a. Three types of objects made from substances such as iron, aluminum, and plastic are: knives, kettles, and car tires.
b. Three types of chemical products are widely used in agricultural or handicraft production in my locality: chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and dyes.
c. Chemical products that directly serve her study and protect the health of her family are: shoes, rulers, and medicines.
Question 1: What is chemistry?
Verse 2: The role of chemistry in life as well as in economic and social development
Question 3: What methods are there to study Chemistry, what do I need to do to do well in Chemistry?
After the lesson you should know:
- Chemistry concept
- Get an overview of the field of chemical science
- Passion for Chemistry