Unit 4 grade 7: Music and Arts – Project
Dong Ho paintings (Dong Ho painting)
1. Task 1 Unit 4 Grade 7 Project
Work in groups. Look at the following pictures and read the information below.
(Work in groups. Look at the following pictures and read the information below.)
Dong Ho paintings were made in Dong Ho village, Bac Ninh province. They are handmade, representing animals, legends and daily life. The paintings are made of media paper with beautiful natural colors. They are bought and displayed on Tet holiday.
2. Task 2 Unit 4 Grade 7 Project
Based on the information about Dong Ho paintings and your own ideas, draw a picture of animals or the things around you. Write a few sentences to describe your picture. Think of the following before you start painting. (Based on information about Dong Ho painting and your own ideas, draw a picture of animals or objects around you. Write a few sentences to describe your picture. Think of the following before you do so.) you draw.)
– Content: (an animal, a tree, a flower, a person …) (Content: (an animal, a tree, a flower, a person…))
Materials: (pencil, crayon, paper, canvas …) (Materials: (pencils, crayons, paper, canvas))
– Colors: (red, yellow, blue …) (Color: (red, yellow, blue…))
Guide to answer
I draw a painting of a chick. I draw it by pencil and yellow crayon on the white paper. The chick has two colours: yellow and gray. It’s very cute and a little bit fat. It is standing in the yard and looking for food
I draw a picture of a chick. I drew it with a yellow pencil and pencil on white paper. The chick comes in two colors: yellow and gray. It’s cute and a little fat. It is standing in the yard and looking for food.
Organize a painting exhibition among the class members. Write a few sentences comparing different paintings. (Organize a picture exhibition among class members. Write a few sentences comparing different pictures.
– Ha draws a cow. It is brown and is drawn on the white paper. (Ha drew a cow. It is brown and drawn on white paper.)
– Cover draws a bamboo tree. It’s green and it is drawn by green crayon. It’s straight and tall. (Tell to draw a bamboo. It is green and drawn with a blue pen. It is straight and tall.)
– The painting of Ha is not very different from my painting. It’s about an animal. My chick is not big as her cow. He draws it on the white paper, too. (Ha’s picture is not very different from mine. She also drew an animal. My chick is not as big as her cow. She also drew it on white paper.)
– The painting of Bao is different from my painting. It’s about a tree. (My other Bao’s picture. She drew a tree)
At the end of the lesson, students need to learn more about Dong Ho paintings; complete the picture and write a few sentences describing the picture you just drew, then write a few sentences comparing your picture with your friends to see the similarities and differences. Organize a class exhibition together and choose the best picture with the best description.