Unit 4 grade 7: Music and Arts – Communication
1. Task 1 Unit 4 Grade 7 Communication
Music Quiz: What do you know? Work in groups and answer the questions. (Music quiz: What do you know? Work in groups and answer the following questions.)
Guide to answer
1. REMOVE 2 C 3. A 4. OLD 5. REMOVE 6. REMOVE
first. Who is the composer of Viet Nam’s national anthem Tien Quan Ca? (Who is the author of the national anthem Tien Quan Ca of Vietnam?)
A. Pham Tuyen (Pham Tuyen)
B. Valve High (Van Cao)
C. Huy Thuc (Huy Thuc)
2. Which of the following is Korean? (What is the Korean art form?)
A. Buy Sap (Bamboo dancing)
B. Ballet (Ballet)
C. Gangnam Style
3. Who is famous for the song Top of the World? (Who is famous for the song Top of the World?)
A. Karen Carpenter
B. Celine Dion
C. Susan Boyle
4. Which of the following became a World Heritage in 2009? (Which of the following art forms became a World Heritage Site in 2009?)
A. Hats off (Cheo ‘singing)
B. Cai luong (Cairojess)
C. Quan ho Bac Ninh (Bac Ninh Quan surname)
5. Which of the following is sung in the film Titanic? (Which of the following songs was sung in the movie Titanic?)
A. Que Sera
B. My Heart Will Go On
C. Yesterday Once More
6. Which of these bands originated in Liverpool, England? (Which of the following bands formed in Liverpool, England?)
A. The Carpenters
B. The Beatles
2. Task 2 Unit 4 Grade 7 Communication
Read the following passage. In groups, discuss the questions below (Read the following passage. Discuss the questions below.)
Today, schools in several countries are considering the question of whether subjects like music and arts should be among those in the curriculum. For many people, a good knowledge of music and arts is regarded as a necessity for anyone who wants to be truly educated. Some say that students who are good at music and arts actually do better in more academic subjects like maths and science. However, some people see music and arts as an unimportant part of education since they don’t prepare students for a life of work.
Do you think music and arts should be compulsory subjects at schools in Vietnam? Why or why not?
Today, schools in a number of countries are considering music and art questions as part of their curriculum. For many people, a knowledge of music and the arts is seen as a necessity for anyone who wants to be truly educated. Some say that students who are good at the arts do better in academic subjects like Math and Science. However, some people find that music and the arts are not an important part of an education because they do not prepare students for a working life.
Do you think music and art should be compulsory subjects in Vietnamese schools? Why yes, why not?
Guide to answer
I don’t think music and arts should be compulsory subjects at school because of some reasons:
First, students have to learn so many subjects at school now. They must study both at school and at home. This makes student life so stressful.
Second, some students like music and arts while some don’t like them. Maybe they like sports or outdoor activities or something else, so music and arts shouldn’t be compulsory subjects.
I don’t think music and art should be compulsory subjects in school for a number of reasons:
Firstly, nowadays students have to study too many subjects at school. They have to study both at school and at home. This makes school life too stressful.
Second, some students like music and art while others don’t. Maybe they like sports or outdoor activities or something else, so music and art shouldn’t be compulsory subjects.
3. Task 3 Unit 4 Grade 7 Communication
Look at the different subjects below. In groups, make a list from the most useful to the least useful in the space below. How can the top three subjects on your list help you in other areas of school and life? (Look at the different subjects below. In the group, make a list from the most important to the least important in the space below. The top three subjects on the list help you in your areas of study. And what’s life like?)
Guide to answer
first. painting (painting)
2. singing (sing)
3. music (music)
4. dancing (dance)
5. photography (photography)
The help of top three subjects (The help of the first 3 subjects)
first. Painting helps me relax after work. (Drawing helps me relax after work.)
2. Singing helps me to release stress after working or studying for a long time. (Singing help me relieve stress after working or studying for a long time.)
3. Dancing makes me feel free and relaxed after a hard day. (Dancing makes me feel free and relaxed after a hard day.)
4. Practice Task 1
Choose the best answer (Choose the best answer)
first. Page …………. every afternoon.
A.watch B. watches C. watches
2…………..is it from your house to your school?
A.How high B. How heavy C. How far
3. Do you live ………….12 Thuan Kieu Street?
A.at B. on C. in
4. Ho Chi Minh City is the big city, and it is ………….than Ha Noi.
A.biger B. biggest C. bigger
5. Thuy likes fashion, and ………….does Lan.
A.but B. so C. too
5. Practice Task 2
Give the correct form of the verb in brackets. (Put the correct form of the verb in brackets)
first. I (not/talk) ……………………. to my friends at the moment.
2. The children (go) ……………………. to the class on Mondays.
3. Binh (brush) …………………….his teeth three times a day.
4. Quyen (live) …………………….with her uncle and aunt.
5. You (fly) …………………….to Hue tomorrow morning.
At the end of the lesson, the children need to do the full homework, give their opinion on which subjects are required at school as well as the subjects that will help them in life and memorize the vocabulary mentioned in the lesson. post:
- composer /kəmˈpəʊzə(r)/ author, musician
- curriculum /kəˈrɪkjələm/ curriculum
- regards /rɪˈɡɑːd/ rating
- stressful /ˈstresfl/ tense
- mandatory /kəmˈpʌlsəri/ mandatory
- appreciate /əˈpriːʃieɪt/ appreciate
- optional /ˈɒpʃənl/ selected, self-selected