Unit 12 grade 7: An Overcrowded World – Project
The world we live in (The world we live in)
1. Unit 12 grade 7 Project
Divide the class into groups of four or five. (Divide the class into groups of 4 or 5)
1. Each group searches for under-populated place. (Each group looks for places with small populations.)
2. Note down some facts about the place. (Note something about that place)
- Which place is it? (Where is it?)
- What life is like there? (What is life like there?)
- What can be the cause(s) of this small population. (What could be the cause of this small population?)
Guide to answer
- Population: over 10 million (Population: over 10 million people)
- It’s considered one of the happiest countries. (Sweden is considered one of the happiest countries.)
- The marriage rate there is low. (The marriage rate there is low.)
- Its education system is one of the best in the world. (The country’s education system is one of the best in the world.)
Then each group present their project to the class. (Then each group presents to the class about the topic.)
Guide to answer
I am here to tell you something about Sweden. Sweden is located in the northern Europe. It has a population of more than 10 million and is one of the happiest countries in the world. The marriage rate here is low, which is one of the reasons why its population is so small. Besides, the birth rate is low too and the average longevity is high due to good healthcare system. The education system here is one of the best systems in the world. It is great, isn’t it?
Thanks for listening. Any questions?
I’m here to tell you something about the country of Sweden. Sweden is located in Northern Europe. The population of this country is more than 10 million people and is one of the happiest countries in the world. The marriage rate here is quite low, which is also considered one of the reasons for the small population. Besides, the birth rate is also quite low and the average life expectancy is quite high thanks to the excellent health system. The education system here is one of the best in the world. It’s great, isn’t it?
Thank you for listening. Are there any questions?
At the end of the lesson, you need to complete information about low population places, prepare a presentation, and present to the class about the features of the place you have just found specifically. and captivate the audience.