Unit 14 grade 4: What does he look like?-Lesson 2
1. Task 1 Lesson 2 Unit 14 grade 4
Look, listen to me repeat (See, listen and read again)
a) This is my dad.
b) And this is my brother.
Oh, he’s tall too.
c) Who is taller?
My brother. My brother is taller than my father.
2. Task 2 Lesson 2 Unit 14 Grade 4
Point and say (Points and says)
…………….. is ……………..
Guide to answer
a) Who’s taller? (Who’s taller?)
The girl is taller. (The girl is taller.)
Who’s shorter? (Who is shorter?)
The boy is shorter. (The boy is shorter.)
b) Who’s bigger? (Who’s fatter?)
The boy is bigger. (The boy is fatter.)
Who’s smaller? (Who is smaller?)
The girl is smaller. (The little girl is smaller.)
c) Who’s older? (Who’s older?)
The man is older. (The man is older.)
Who’s younger? (Who’s younger?)
The boy is younger. (The boy is younger.)
3. Task 3 Lesson 2 Unit 14 grade 4
Let’s talk (Speak together)
What does he/she look like? (What does he/she look like?)
Who’s taller/shorter/older..? (Who’s taller/shorter/older…?)
4. Task 4 Lesson 2 Unit 14 Grade 4
Listen and circle (Listen and circle the correct answer)
first. Nam is ………… than his sister.
2. His sister is ………. than his mother.
3. His mother is ……….. than his father.
4. His father is ……….. than his mother.
Guide to answer
1. a; 2 a; 3. b; 4. b
5. Task 5 Lesson 2 Unit 14 Grade 4
Look and write (Look and write)
Guide to answer
A: Who’s slimmer, the father or the brother? (Who’s slimmer, dad or brother?)
REMOVE: The brother is slimmer charcoal the father. (Brother is slimmer than father.)
A: Who’s shorter, the father or the mother? (Who is shorter, mom or dad?)
REMOVE: The mother is shorter charcoal the father. (Mother is shorter than father.)
A: Who’s older, the brother or the sister? (Who is older, brother or sister?)
REMOVE: The sister is older charcoal the brother. (The older sister is older than the younger brother.)
A: Who’s stronger, the father or the brother? (Who’s stronger, dad or brother?)
REMOVE: The brother is stronger charcoal the father. (Brother is stronger than three.)
6. Task 6 Lesson 2 Unit 14 grade 4
Let’s sing (We sing together)
What do they look like?
(What do they look like?)
What does your mother look like? (What does your mother look like?)
She’s tall. (She is tall.)
She’s taller than me. (She is taller than me.)
What does your father look like? (What does your father look like?)
He’s slim. (He’s slim.)
He’s slimmer than me. (He is slimmer than I am.)
7. Practice Task 1
Put the words in correct order (Put the words in the correct order)
first. like/ mother/ what/ your/ does/ look/?
2. me/ brother/ is/ older/ my/ than/.
3. what/ customer/ do/ like/ your/ look/?
4. are/ their/ house/ decorate/ they/.
5. is/ father/ strong/ my/ and/ big/.
6. she/ does/ what/ do/?
7. slim/ brother/ my/ is/ tall/ and/.
8. parents/ young/ my/ are/ strong/ and/
9. doing/ are/ what/ you/ Lan/ and/?
ten. father/ my/ is/ brother/ than/ taller/ my/.
8. Practice Task 2
Translate into English (Translate into English)
first. This book is thicker than the other.
2. We give flowers to teachers on teacher’s day.
3. They are partying, singing and dancing.
4. My parents are cleaning and decorating the house.
5. He wears new clothes, receives lucky money from his parents on Tet.
Through this lesson, you should pay attention to the following points:
– Ask and answer who more about what?
Who is + adj-er (comparative adjective)?
S + is + adj-er (comparative adjective)
Who is stronger? (Are you stronger?)
Kevin is stronger. (Kevin is stronger.)
– Comparative structure: When comparing, we often take adjectives as an object to compare
S+ V + short adj-er + than + N/ Pronoun.
She is taller than me. (She’s taller than me.)
Some of the adjectives that you often encounter are as follows:
– Slim (slender) slimmer (more slim)
– Thin (sick) Thinner (more sick)
– Big (big) bigger (bigger)
– Small (small) smaller (less)
– Tall (high) Taller (higher)
– Short (dwarf) shorter (shorter than)
– Long (long) longer (longer)
– High (high) higher (higher)