Lesson 1 page 172: Circle the word in front of the correct answer: 7m3cm = ?
A. 73cm B. 703cm C. 730cm D. 7003cm
- Convert 7m to centimeters and add 3cm.
- Choose the correct answer from the given answers.
We have: 7m 3cm = 700cm + 3cm = 703cm.
Circle the letter B.
Lesson 2 page 173: Look at the picture below and then answer the questions
a) How many grams do oranges weigh?
b) How many grams does a papaya fruit weigh?
c) How many grams heavier than an orange?
- The weight of the orange is equal to the sum of the two weights on the left pan.
- The weight of the papaya is equal to the sum of the two weights on the left pan.
- Subtract the weight of the papaya from the weight of the orange.
a) Orange fruit weighs 300g (200g + 100g = 300g)
b) A papaya weighing 700g (500g + 200g = 700g)
c) A papaya is 400g heavier than an orange (700 – 300 = 400g)
Lesson 3 page 173:
a) Add minute hands to the clocks.
b) How many minutes does it take Lan to go from home to school?
- Read the time when Lan started walking from home according to the standard reading.
- Determine the position of the hour and minute hands.
- Calculate the elapsed time between two times:
- How many minutes is from 7 o’clock 5 to 7 o’clock?
- From 7 o’clock to 7 o’clock 10 minutes, how many minutes have passed?
- Sum the two numbers you just found.
a) The first watch (on the left) has a 11 . minute hand
Second watch (on the right) has a 2 . index minute hand
b) Lan walks from home to school in 15 minutes.
Lesson 4 page 173: The vase has two bills of 2000 dong. Buy pencils 2700 VND. How much money does Binh have left?
There are 2 banknotes of 2000 dong.
Buy: 2700 VND
Rest: ? copper.
- Find the amount of money Binh has: Equals the value of 2000 VND multiplied by the number of bills.
- Find the amount of money left by Binh: equal to the amount of money Binh has minus the amount used to buy pencils.
The amount Binh has is:
2000 x 2 = 4000 (VND)
The remaining amount of Binh is:
4000 – 2700 = 1300 (VND)
Answer: 1300 VND.