Lesson 1: This is the January, February, and March 2004 calendars
See the calendar and indicate:
a) What day is February 3?
What day is March 8?
What day is the first day of March?
What is the last day of January?
b) What is the first Monday of January?
What is the last Sunday of March?
How many Saturdays are there in February? What days are those?
c) How many days are there in February 2004?
- View the calendar and then answer the math questions.
- Pay attention to carefully determine the day and month corresponding to the day of the week.
a) February 3 is a Tuesday.
March 8 is a Monday.
The first day of March is March 1. It’s Monday.
The last day of January is January 31. It is Saturday.
b) The first Monday of January is January 5.
The last Sunday of March is March 28.
February has four Saturdays.
Those are the 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, February.
c) February 2004 has 29 days.
Lesson 2: Look at the 2005 calendar and let me know
a) When is International Children’s Day June 1?
What day is September 2 National Day?
What day is Vietnamese Teachers’ Day on November 20?
What is the last day of 2005?
When is my birthday? Which month ? What day is it?
b) When is the first Monday of 2005? What is the last Monday of 2005?
What are the Sundays in October?
- Observe the 2005 calendar (Textbook page 107)
- Determine what day of the week your holidays and birthday are and then answer the questions of the math problem.
a) International Children’s Day June 1 is a Wednesday.
National Day September 2 is a Friday.
Vietnamese Teachers’ Day November 20 is Sunday.
The last day of 2005 is December 31, 2005. It’s Saturday.
b) The first Monday of 2005 is January 3, 2005.
The last Monday of 2005 was December 26, 2005.
Sundays in October are the following days: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 October 2005.
Lesson 3: In a year
a) Which months have 30 days?
b) Which months have 31 days?
Count the number of days in each month of a year and then answer two questions.
a) April, June, September, and November have 30 days
b) January, March, May, July, August, October and December have 31 days.
Lesson 4: Choose a letter that has a right answer
If August 30 is a Sunday, September 2 of the same year is:
A.Monday B.Tuesday C.Wednesday D.Thursday
- Find the number of days in August
- Mental: August 30 is Sunday, what day is August 31; Continue doing this until September 2.
- Choose the best answer from the given answers.
August 30 is Sunday, then we have:
– August 31 is Monday;
– September 1 is a Tuesday;
– September 2 is a Wednesday.
The answer to choose is Wednesday.
Circle the letter C.