Math 2 Lesson: Sum of many numbers
1.1. Knowledge to remember
Need to know the concept of the sum of many numbers and how to perform calculations.
1.2. Math forms
Form 1: Performing the calculation
– With the expression: I add the numbers from left to right in turn.
– With vertical addition: I add from units to tens, pay attention to remembering addition.
Form 2: Add numbers with the same unit of measure
– When the terms have the same unit of measure, you perform the addition of the numbers and keep the unit of measure in the sum.
Form 3: Math Quiz
– Read and analyze the problem: The problem usually gives the value of the components, requires finding the value of all.
– Find the solution of the problem: To find the value of all quantities, we usually take the given component values and add them together.
– Presentation of the problem.
– Check the solution and the results you just found.
1.3. Solving Textbook Exercises
3 + 6 + 5 = 8 + 7 + 5 =
7 + 3 + 8 = 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 =
Take turns adding the numbers from left to right.
3 + 6 + 5 = 14 8 + 7 + 5 = 20
7 + 3 + 8 = 18 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 24
Add the numbers in the same row in order from right to left.
Look at the pictures and then fill in the blanks with the correct number.
Add the numbers you just found and write in the result.
a) 12kg + 12kg + 12kg = 36kg
b) 5l + 5l + 5l + 5l = 20l