Math 2 Lesson: Date, time
1.1. Knowledge to remember
1.2. Math forms
Type 1: See the time on an analog or electronic clock
The short hand shows the hours, the long hand shows the minutes.
– When the long hand points to 12, the short hand points to which number will be that hour.
Type 2: Morning and afternoon time
I noticed that after 12 noon, the hours can be read in another way as follows:
Form 3: Find hours on demand.
Math problem for a fixed hour, ask what time it will be after or before a certain number of hours.
Solution: If you want to find the time after or before, you increase or decrease the number of hours according to the number of hours changing.
1.3. Solve textbook exercises pages 76, 77
– Look at the hour and minute hands of each clock, read the time and then fill in the appropriate number in the box.
– Attention: When the minute hand points to number 12; When the hour hand points to what number, I read that time.
Figure 1: I exercise at 6am.
Figure 2: My mother comes home from work at 12 noon.
Figure 3: I play football at 5pm.
Figure 4: At 7 p.m. I watch TV.
Figure 5: At 10 o’clock at night I was sleeping.
Which clock shows the appropriate time with the time shown in the picture:
– Read the sentences in each picture.
– Find the corresponding time clock.
Painting 1: I go to school at 7 am with clock C.
Painting 2: I went to fly a kite at 17 o’clock with clock D.
Picture 3: I sleep at 10 o’clock at night according to clock B.
Picture 4: I read the story at 8 pm with clock A.
Continue to write in the dot according to the pattern:
Want to find the afternoon time; In the evening, I subtract 12 hours from the available time.
20 o’clock or 8 o’clock.
Need to fill in blank number 8.
1.4. Solving Textbook Exercises page 78
Which clock shows the time that matches the time shown in the picture?
– See the time on each clock and read the content in each picture.
– Match the picture with the appropriate clock.
Painting 1: An goes to school at 7 a.m. according to clock B.
Painting 2: An wakes up at 6 am with clock A.
Picture 3: In the evening, An watches a movie at 20 o’clock with clock D.
Picture 4: 17 o’clock An kicked the ball with clock C.
Which sentence is correct? Which sentence is wrong?
– See the time on each clock and the content in each picture.
Read the statements and then determine whether they are true or false.
Painting 1: Sentence b is correct, sentence a is wrong.
Painting 2: Sentence d is correct, sentence c is wrong.
Picture 3: Sentence e is correct, sentence g is wrong.
Turn the hands on the watch face to show the hours:
8 o’clock; 11 o’clock; 14 hours; 18 hours; 23 hours.
Turn the minute hand to point 12; Turn the hour hand to any number and that’s the hour.
– Clock at 8 o’clock: Short hand index 8, long hand index 12.
– Watch at 11 o’clock: Short hand index 11, long hand index 12
– 14 o’clock: Short hand index 2, long hand index 12
– 18 o’clock: Short hand at 6, long hand at 12
– 23 o’clock: Short hand at index 11, long hand at 12