Unit 12 grade 5: Let’s open this present first! – Lesson 3
Grammar and Song (Grammar and Song)
1. Task 1 Unit 12 Lesson 3
Listen and repeat. (Listen and repeat)
Click to listen
2. Task 2 Unit 12 Lesson 3
Ask and answer about the Spring Festival results. (Q&A about Spring Festival results)
– Where does the blue team stand?
=> They came in second place.
– Who is in seventh place?
=> White team.
– Where did Green team come in?
=> They came in first.
– Who came in third?
=> Orange team did.
– Where did Purple team come in?
=> They came in fourth.
– Who came in fifth?
=> Red team did.
– Where did Yellow team come in?
=> They came in sixth.
– Who came in eighth?
=> Brown team did.
– Where does the green team stand?
=> They came in first place.
– Who’s third?
=> Orange team.
– Where does the purple team stand?
=> They are fourth.
– Who’s fifth?
=> Red team.
– Where does the yellow team stand?
=> They are sixth.
– Who’s eighth?
=> The brown team did.
3. Task 3 Unit 12 Lesson 3
Now write a report about the Spring Festival results. (Now write a report on the Spring Festival results)
At the Spring Festival, … came in first.
Guide to answer
At the Spring Festival, Green team came in first. Blue team came in second. Orange team came in third. Purple team came in fourth. Red team came in fifth. Yellow team came in sixth. White team came in seventh. And Brown team came in eighth.
At the Spring Festival, the green team came first. The blue team is second. The orange team finished third. The purple team is fourth. The red team is fifth. The yellow team is sixth. The white team finished seventh. And the brown team is eighth.
4. Task 4 Unit 12 Lesson 3
Listen and sing. (Listen and sing)
Click to listen
There’s a race
There is a race. Let’s go, go, go!
Some kids run fast. And a few kids ran slowly.
Joe finished fourth. He doesn’t run very fast.
His bag is very heavy. So he ran last.
Emily finished third. She runs faster than Joe.
But she lost her shoe. So she ran a little slower.
Osca finished second. Only after Kim.
He runs very fast. But Kim runs faster than him.
Kim finished first. Run, run, run!
How fast she runs! She is number one!
Circle the first thing in each row. (Circle the first thing in each row)
At the end of this lesson, you should remember:
- first (first)
- second (Monday)
- third (Tuesday)
- fourth (Wednesday)
- fifth (Thursday)
- sixth (Friday)
- seventh (Saturday)
- eighth (eighth)
– Use ordinal numbers to tell the order of things. 1st, 2nd and 3rd is irregular. 4th-10th ending with th
– Ask a team in what position: Where did … team come in?
– Answer a team in the number of places: They came in + ordinal number.
– Ask which team stands at a certain position: Who came in + the order number?
– Answer the name of the team standing in a certain position: … team did.
– “There was a race” lyrics