DETROIT – Wayne State University has temporarily suspended face-to-face instruction due to the recent surge in coronavirus cases.
The university will take the following precautions Wednesday:
All on-campus, face-to-face instruction is suspended. The only exception is for clinical rotations in the licensed health professions in the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, the College of Nursing, and the School of Medicine.
All athletics practices and competitions are suspended. Teams may resume practice after 10 days if 80% or more of the individuals on the team have received their full COVID-19 vaccination.
Laboratory research units must take steps to reduce current time on-site activity for authorized personnel by 25% effective Wednesday and prepare a contingency plan for an additional reduction of time on-site as the current situation evolves this coming week. This reduced level of current time on-site does not apply to fully vaccinated individuals currently involved with authorized on-site research activities. Refer to the research website for information updates and further guidance.
Guest access to student housing is restricted. Students currently living in campus housing are permitted to continue doing so, and must continue to follow all campus health and safety guidelines.
Towers Café will move to take-out only dining.
Campus libraries remain open but may be subject to increased restrictions.
The Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center is closed except for COVID-19 testing.
The Student Center Building is closed except for individuals attending the vaccine clinic.
The W Food Pantry remains open, and will facilitate technology loans for students in need.
The school said it will revisit things in 10 days to see how things have changed in order to potentially reinstate the suspended activities.
More information can be found on Wayne State University’s official website here.
Copyright 2021 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- California – Ravenwoode: Offering appreciation to health, education officials – Lake County News
- Education News – Texarkana Gazette
- US Department of Education Releases “COVID-19 Handbook, Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs” | US – U.S. Department of Education
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand – UN News
- Dep’t of Education issues emergency order waiving test requirement for seniors, series of adjustments – Florida Politics
- D.C. mayor proposes boost in education spending as she calls on schools to fully reopen in the fall – The Washington Post
- Faculty invited to apply to General Education Scholar Program | Penn State University – Penn State News
- US Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees | US – U.S. Department of Education