CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) – Members of the West Virginia Board of Education are scheduled to meet Tuesday.
The agenda is shorter compared to others in the past.
Normally, it’s a jam-packed agenda with several topics, but only three topics are on the docket for Tuesday.
The meeting will focus on education bills and in-person instruction.
According to the agenda, board members will discuss some of the education bills that are popping up in the house and senate.
The legislative session started a month ago.
So far, with the house and the senate combined, there have been 81 bills regarding K-12 education.
They cover a variety of topics including providing participation in school sports and charter schools.
Also on the agenda is a discussion about in-person education.
The state’s Coronavirus Czar, Clay Marsh, will be in attendance along with officials from West Virginia State.
During this discussion, motions concerning options for in-person learning can be brought to the floor.
The West Virginia Board of Education meeting is scheduled for Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Copyright 2021 WSAZ. All rights reserved.
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- California – Ravenwoode: Offering appreciation to health, education officials – Lake County News
- Education News – Texarkana Gazette
- US Department of Education Releases “COVID-19 Handbook, Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs” | US – U.S. Department of Education
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand – UN News
- Dep’t of Education issues emergency order waiving test requirement for seniors, series of adjustments – Florida Politics
- D.C. mayor proposes boost in education spending as she calls on schools to fully reopen in the fall – The Washington Post
- Faculty invited to apply to General Education Scholar Program | Penn State University – Penn State News
- US Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees | US – U.S. Department of Education