The Giving Coast
SRQ DAILY MONDAY BUSINESS EDITION
MONDAY MAR 23, 2020
With our community, nation and world grappling with the speed and fierceness of COVID-19, the Education Foundation of Sarasota County (EFSC) stands united with our local educators and community partners as we work together to rise to this unparalleled challenge. As the nonprofit organization dedicated to Sarasota County public education, we are determined to continue our role as a valuable resource in providing quality educational support and encouragement for our students and teachers.
To that end, we have established a COVID-19 Education Relief Fund. With the district and community partners planning to address students’ basic critical needs, we are moving forward swiftly to deliver EFSC signature initiatives and services in alternative, innovative ways that help our students continue making progress toward their educational goals and keep our teachers focused on student learning. We need the support of our generous community to help us provide teachers, students and families with consistent resources and support services by utilizing virtual advising and virtual mentoring. Digital lessons on strengthening social-emotional well-being will provide valuable tips for families, students and teachers who feel overwhelmed during a crisis that is upending their daily lives.
In light of the difficulties our families are facing, we know that these additional resources will make a major difference for our students. With your help, we will continue to make a meaningful impact in the lives of Sarasota County students and educators while adjusting to the changed learning environment. Please consider donating to the Education Foundation of Sarasota County by visiting EdFoundationSRQ.org. If you wish, you may designate your gift to the EFSC’s COVID-19 Education Relief Fund or where needed most.
- Police plan education, measured enforcement of stay-at-home order – Press Herald
- Readout of the US Department of Education’s COVID-19 Conference Call with Higher Education Stakeholders – U.S. Department of Education
- Special education inconsistent in California school districts during closures – EdSource
- United Way offering online education lessons – WALB
- The California Dept. of Education recommends students not return to the classroom to finish the school year – CBS News 8
- As Schools Tackle Coronavirus Pause, Don’t Forget Career And Technical Education Students. – Forbes
- Coronavirus Public Health Emergency Underscores Need for Department of Education’s Proposed Distance Learning Rules – U.S. Department of Education
- Environmental Education Month Celebrated in April – maryland.gov
- Here’s How The Selling Of Online Education Will Change – Forbes