POTSDAM — The strength of SUNY Potsdam’s legacy in training teachers has earned the college a placing at No. 18 in the nation among institutions offering a bachelor’s degree in teacher education, according to a new ranking released by Study.com. The company considered hundreds of universities and ranked SUNY Potsdam based on academic and career resources, the quality of education, faculty, cost, graduation rates, student retention, job placement and other factors.
SUNY Potsdam’s School of Education and Professional Studies is well known for supporting its undergraduates with small classes, intensive field experiences and applied learning opportunities. Through relationships with area school districts and BOCES, undergraduates gain experience as student teachers in North Country classrooms. That strength and connection to the community also extends to graduate programs and advanced certificates that prepare students for teaching and other work in a wide range of fields, including adolescent and childhood education, educational technology, curriculum and instruction, school district leadership and other programs.
Study.com is an online learning platform founded in 2002, offering tens of thousands of online courses and video lessons to millions of users.
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- California – Ravenwoode: Offering appreciation to health, education officials – Lake County News
- Education News – Texarkana Gazette
- US Department of Education Releases “COVID-19 Handbook, Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs” | US – U.S. Department of Education
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand – UN News
- Dep’t of Education issues emergency order waiving test requirement for seniors, series of adjustments – Florida Politics
- D.C. mayor proposes boost in education spending as she calls on schools to fully reopen in the fall – The Washington Post
- Faculty invited to apply to General Education Scholar Program | Penn State University – Penn State News
- US Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees | US – U.S. Department of Education