School funding has proven resistant to change for a century. With the education system reeling from the Covid-19 pandemic and state and local tax revenue—the main sources of funds—facing steep cuts, now could be a time when new ideas for paying for schools take root.
The predominant funding model for K-12 education is based on seat time, or how many students are physically present in a classroom in a traditional school year.
- California is still debating ethnic studies in public education. Can the state finally get it right? – Los Angeles Times
- Generals: Education is the path to reconciliation – The Philadelphia Tribune
- What Makes for an Effective Secretary of Education? – EducationNext
- MCPS parent says special education child not receiving education – NBC Montana
- State orders TPS to provide make-up time for special-education students – Toledo Blade
- In Reversal, USF Will Keep Some Undergrad Education Programs – Inside Higher Ed
- Questions for Strada’s Dave Clayton about the education and work poll from Strada – Inside Higher Ed
- MARY ANN WOLF: Empowering students’ lifelong success through Career and Technical Education – WRAL.com
- Carolinas AGC Foundation Launches Pandemic Education Campaign – PRNewswire