I’m the co-founder of Kindness Creators Intergenerational Pre-School in Oak Park, and I want to express my strong endorsement of Scott Hall for River Forest District 90 school board. Scott is the treasurer of KCIP, and his leadership and financial guidance as a member of our board have been instrumental in the school’s success. Scott has also become a dear friend and trusted adviser.
I founded KCIP with a friend and fellow educator three years ago, and Scott has been a guiding, business-minded voice as we’ve learned and grown. A not-for-profit preschool is a labor of love, and he contributes to this with passion and empathy. We pride ourselves on our service to a diverse population of students, many of whom face learning disabilities and other challenges. Scott recognizes the various stakeholders and emotional elements of running a school but also knows how and when to pivot to a rational, fiscally sound business awareness to lead us toward decisions that further our goal of creating well-rounded, enthusiastic learners.
Whether he’s advocating strongly to safely return River Forest kids to the classroom since last summer, helping us develop a successful scholarship fund at KCIP, or volunteering as an unpaid D90 substitute teacher, Scott’s dedication to our kids above all else is admirable.
Scott Hall will be an excellent addition to our D90 board as we face difficult decisions climbing out of the pandemic. He has my full support, and I hope he will have yours as well.
Pam Lawrence, River Forest
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- California – Ravenwoode: Offering appreciation to health, education officials – Lake County News
- Education News – Texarkana Gazette
- US Department of Education Releases “COVID-19 Handbook, Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs” | US – U.S. Department of Education
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand – UN News
- Dep’t of Education issues emergency order waiving test requirement for seniors, series of adjustments – Florida Politics
- D.C. mayor proposes boost in education spending as she calls on schools to fully reopen in the fall – The Washington Post
- Faculty invited to apply to General Education Scholar Program | Penn State University – Penn State News
- US Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees | US – U.S. Department of Education