Stark County Retired Teachers Association offers college financial help
Stark County Retired Teachers Association will offer $2,000 scholarship grants to college students for the 2021-22 academic year, according to a news release. Applicants must have been a Stark County high school graduate, be enrolled in Fall 2021 classes as a junior or senior at an accredited college or university, be in the field of education, and have a minimum 2.5 grade-point average. There are no age limitations.
Application forms may be downloaded from www.scrta.net. Send completed applications to SCRTA Scholarship Committee, Mrs. Mary A. Myers, 2314 State St. NE, North Canton, OH 44721
Mount Union hailed for graduates’ earnings
ALLIANCE — University of Mount Union was named one of the 2021 Best Colleges in Ohio for bachelor’s degree salary score by Optimal’s GradReports. The institution was ranked eighth in the state and third in the Northeast Ohio region, according to a news release.
GradReports compared the salaries of more than 4.6 million college graduates to determine salary scores for more than 885 college degrees, then used the scores to rank the 2021 Best Colleges at the associate, bachelor’s, and master’s levels.
The salary score is based on median alumni earnings and median alumni debt in the year after graduating, using data from the U.S. Department of Education’s College Scorecard. The score compares the median alumni salary for a specific program at one school to the median alumni salary for the same program at other schools, allowing prospective students to see which schools offer top earnings for that program.
Alumni of Mount Union’s programs in biology, computer science, and mechanical engineering had salary scores in at least the 75th percentile of the national average.
Kent State in Top 20 for library program
KENT — U.S. News & World Report ranks Kent State University in the top 20 Best Library and Information Studies Programs in the country in its 2022 edition of Best Graduate Schools, according to a news release. Kent State is the only Ohio institution included in this ranking. Overall, Kent State is recognized in 12 new national rankings in the 2022 edition of Best Graduate Schools, including three specialty rankings.
In addition to being recognized as a Best Library and Information Studies Program in the nation, Kent State is included in three library and information studies specialty rankings. Kent State ranks No. 5 in the country for School Library Media, No. 9 in the country for Services for Children and Youth and No. 12 in the country for Archives and Preservation.
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- California – Ravenwoode: Offering appreciation to health, education officials – Lake County News
- Education News – Texarkana Gazette
- US Department of Education Releases “COVID-19 Handbook, Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs” | US – U.S. Department of Education
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand – UN News
- Dep’t of Education issues emergency order waiving test requirement for seniors, series of adjustments – Florida Politics
- D.C. mayor proposes boost in education spending as she calls on schools to fully reopen in the fall – The Washington Post
- Faculty invited to apply to General Education Scholar Program | Penn State University – Penn State News
- US Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees | US – U.S. Department of Education