Geibel open house
Geibel Catholic Junior-Senior High School, located at 611 E. Crawford Ave. in Connellsville, will hold an open house from 1-3 p.m. March 1 for prospective students and their parents.
Chestnut Ridge open house
Chestnut Ridge Christian Academy, located at 115 Downer Ave. in Uniontown, will hold an open house for the 2020-21 school year from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 6-7 p.m. March 12. Prospective parents of students entering grades K4-12 are invited to visit classrooms, meet with teachers and current parents and view student curriculum. Applications for next school year will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Information: 724-439-1090 or www.crcapa.org.
Early childhood fair
Jefferson-Morgan School District will hold its annual early childhood fair from 9 a.m. to noon March 14 in the elementary school gymnasium. Parents residing in the district who have children age 5 and younger are encouraged to attend. The registration process for pre-K and kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year will begin that day. District administrators and teachers, as well as childcare agencies, will be available to answer questions. Information: Kevin McCarty, early childhood coordinator, 724-883-2310 ext. 1319.
Charleroi Area School District will hold kindergarten registration for the 2020-21 school year from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. March 19 in the Alumni Room, located in the auxiliary gym above the football stadium on the district campus. To be eligible, a child must be 5 years of age on or before July 31. Parents must present proof of residency, a state-issued photo ID, the child’s birth certificate and the child’s immunization records. Children eligible for first grade who are not already attending the Charleroi Area Elementary Center may register at this time. The above documents are required. Information: 724-483-5554.
Albert Gallatin Area School District will hold kindergarten registration for the 2020-21 school year from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the following locations: A.L. Wilson Elementary, March 30; Friendship Hill Elementary, March 31; Masontown Elementary, April 1; George J. Plava Elementary, April 2; and Smithfield Elementary, April 3.
To be eligible, a child must be 5 years of age on or before Aug. 31. Parents must present the child’s birth certificate, proof of residency and immunization record. Children will given a vision, speech and kindergarten screening test. Children moving into the district should register at this time. Packets will be available at each elementary school prior to registration. All questions should be referred to the local school office.
- How your favorite Peloton instructors are continuing their education beyond Black History Month – WKMG News 6 & ClickOrlando
- Southwest Virginia education centers help teachers tackle pandemic challenges – Bristol Herald Courier
- AvePoint Launches EduTech To Improve Higher Education Technology – Yahoo Finance
- Gauging A Plan To Alter Education Funding in Oklahoma – Oklahoma Watch
- Proposed legislation would have parents opt-in children for education on human sexuality – East Idaho News
- Parents, teachers react to state’s new Education Recovery Plan – WCAX
- Sparta Board of Education Introduces New Superintendent Ahead of Tuesday’s Meeting – TAPinto.net
- Other View: Just to gauge where we are with education during these uneven times, resume standardized testing in schools – Duluth News Tribune
- Education Should Be About Building Democratic Citizens, Not Compliant Workers – Jacobin magazine