JUNEAU – Residents of Dodgeland School District can learn more about the referendum they are voting on by watching a video on the district’s website.
The video was taped during one of the district’s last information sessions before schools were shut down while the state and nation fights COVID-19. The 24 minute video has information from the firms working with the district including an explanation on what will happen to the building if the referendum passes.
The question on the ballot is: “Shall the Dodgeland School District, Dodge County, Wisconsin be authorized to issue pursuant to Chapter 67 of the Wisconsin Statutes, general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $17 million for the public purpose of paying the cost of a district-wide school facilities improvement project consisting of: district-wide building systems and infrastructure updates and safety, security and site improvements; construction of an addition and renovations to the technical education area; renovations to classrooms, learning spaces, the library media center, commons and offices; and acquisition of furnishings, fixtures and equipment.”
The Dodgeland School Board unanimously agreed during a special meeting in January to go to referendum on April 7.
Follow Terri Pederson on Twitter @tlp53916 or contact her at 920-356-6760.
- Texas lawmaker pushes for creation of 1836 Project to promote ‘patriotic education’ – The Dallas Morning News
- Keiser University Foresees Innovative Year for Online Education – Keiser University
- Legislative roundup, 3.2.21: Ehardt’s sex education opt-in bill advances – Idaho EdNews
- Community | Education in brief – Santa Clarita Valley Signal
- Texas education officials say schools still may require masks – but don’t have to – KVIA El Paso
- Newspapers in Education week – The Licking News – The Licking News
- It’s back to school for Jill Biden and new education chief – ABC News
- Breland: Biden’s education plan opens doors for millions – San José Spotlight – San José Spotlight
- USM Offers Education Majors Virtual Reality Teaching Experience – Southern Miss Now