Host Joel Heitkamp visits with the President of the Fargo Ed. Assoc. about the negotiations for teacher contracts with Fargo Public Schools.
Fargo Public Schools and the Fargo School Board have been in ongoing negotiations with the Fargo Education Association regarding teacher contracts in the Fargo area. During a contentious meeting yesterday evening, David Marquardt, President of the Fargo Education Association, was disappointed in the negotiation process and stated that teacher morale is extremely low. He also announced that he is resigning from his position and is accepting a position with ND United.
In this podcast episode, host Joel Heitkamp visits with Marquardt about not only the meeting last night, but his decision to step down from his position as President of the Fargo Education Association.
(Joel Heitkamp is a talk show host on the Mighty 790 KFGO in Fargo-Moorhead. His award-winning program, “News & Views,” can be heard weekdays from 8 – 11 a.m. Follow Joel on Twitter @JoelKFGO.)
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- California – Ravenwoode: Offering appreciation to health, education officials – Lake County News
- Education News – Texarkana Gazette
- US Department of Education Releases “COVID-19 Handbook, Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs” | US – U.S. Department of Education
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand – UN News
- Dep’t of Education issues emergency order waiving test requirement for seniors, series of adjustments – Florida Politics
- D.C. mayor proposes boost in education spending as she calls on schools to fully reopen in the fall – The Washington Post
- Faculty invited to apply to General Education Scholar Program | Penn State University – Penn State News
- US Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees | US – U.S. Department of Education