U.S. Rep. Haley Stevens (D-th District) will hold a town hall discussion on special education in Bloomfield Hills on Saturday, Feb. 8.
The town hall will be held at 2 p.m. at the Birmingham Unitarian Church, 38651 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills. It is free and open to the public.
Stevens is a Member of the House Committee on Education and Labor.
Panelists will be:
- Karen Olex, executive director of special education, Oakland County Schools
- Rachelle Vartanian, president and founder, Living & Learning Enrichment Center
- Robert Gaines III, president, Farmington Education Support Professionals Association
- Angela Tyszka, chairwoman, Oakland Schools Parent Advisory Committee for parents of students with individualized education programs.
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- California – Ravenwoode: Offering appreciation to health, education officials – Lake County News
- Education News – Texarkana Gazette
- US Department of Education Releases “COVID-19 Handbook, Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs” | US – U.S. Department of Education
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand – UN News
- Dep’t of Education issues emergency order waiving test requirement for seniors, series of adjustments – Florida Politics
- D.C. mayor proposes boost in education spending as she calls on schools to fully reopen in the fall – The Washington Post
- Faculty invited to apply to General Education Scholar Program | Penn State University – Penn State News
- US Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees | US – U.S. Department of Education