Welcome back to Ahead of the Curve. I’m Karen Sloan, legal education editor at Law.com, and I’ll be your host for this weekly look at innovation and notable developments in legal education.
I’m taking a little break from coronavirus coverage this week to focus on some of the stories I’ve missed in recent weeks because I’ve been chasing the many ways COVID-19 is upending legal education. More specifically, I’m looking at a trio of reports released recently that look at law schools and lawyer licensing. First is the long-awaited report from the ABA’s Commission on the Future of Legal Education. Next, I’m looking at Law Schools Transparency’s plan to bring the cost of legal education down in the next five years. Last is a look at the second of three reports from a National Conference of Bar Examiners task force that looking at the future of that all-important licensing exam.
Please share your thoughts and feedback with me at [email protected] or on Twitter: @KarenSloanNLJ
This premium content is locked for
Law.com subscribers only.
*May exclude premium content
Already have an account? Sign In Now
Interested in customizing your subscription with Law.com All Access?
Contact our Sales Professionals at 1-855-808-4530 or send an email to [email protected] to learn more.
- Education notebook – Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- California – Ravenwoode: Offering appreciation to health, education officials – Lake County News
- Education News – Texarkana Gazette
- US Department of Education Releases “COVID-19 Handbook, Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs” | US – U.S. Department of Education
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand – UN News
- Dep’t of Education issues emergency order waiving test requirement for seniors, series of adjustments – Florida Politics
- D.C. mayor proposes boost in education spending as she calls on schools to fully reopen in the fall – The Washington Post
- Faculty invited to apply to General Education Scholar Program | Penn State University – Penn State News
- US Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees | US – U.S. Department of Education