A woman has died after being involved in a “forklift accident” at an Adams County business on Wednesday afternoon, according to the York County Coroner.
The woman’s family is still being identified, so her identity is not being released.
The York County Coroner’s office said the woman was taken to UPMC Hanover Hospital after the accident which occurred around 3:20 p.m. Wednesday at Winter Gardens Quality Foods in New Oxford.
The woman, an employee, was critically injured “during the operation of the forklift,” and died as a result of her injuries around 4:03 p.m. at the hospital, the coroner’s office said.
Eastern Adams Regional police is investigating, as well as OSHA, the coroner’s office said.
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning at Lehigh Valley Hospital. More information will be released after the autopsy.
Read more from PennLive:
- Information scarce in case of Middletown teen found dead in Civil War Museum parking lot
- Two Pa. residents cooperate, are given reduced sentences after being caught with 60 pounds of pot
Thanks for visiting PennLive. Quality local journalism has never been more important. We need your support. Not a subscriber yet? Please consider supporting our work.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’