WACO, Texas (KWTX) A local business donated $2,500 Tuesday to the McLennan County Sheriff’s Office Cold Case Unit.
The donation from CTWP will help cover the travel expenses of investigators.
“I want to help keep the creeps off the streets,” CTWP owner David Willie said.
“They needed help, they need funds to be on the road, to eat, to go to hotels to travel to other states, we are trying help them to use those funds to go get those creeps,” Willie said.
Sheriff Parnell McNamara said he’s is grateful for the donation Willie made this morning and the donations the sheriff’s office has received in the past.
“This is a tremendous asset to our sheriff’s office cold case unit, being able to travel has made us successful to solve these brutal cold case murders,” McNamara said.
“It helps our county and it helps our citizens.”
McNamara said in the last two years the unit’s investigators have solved four cold cases that date back to the early 1980’s and 1990’s and they are on the brink of solving a fifth brutal homicide.
“These are horrible incidents where innocent people were gunned down or stabbed down and killed and we want to bring these people to justice,” he said.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- You may be able to spread coronavirus just by breathing, new report finds – Science Magazine
- Female scientists allege discrimination, neglect of research on women at NIH’s child health institute – Science Magazine
- Tribeca, shuttered by coronavirus, revives its VR festival: Smaller, virtual, free
- Friday freebie roundup: HBO, 1Password, PC games, Marvel comics, Cards Against Humanity
- Amazon extends its US returns window to May 31
- Mazda’s 100th anniversary bears tasteful special edition models
- ‘iPhone SE’ launching with 256GB, 4.7-in screen, and red, white and black colors, says report
- The best 2020 iPad deals: Amazon offers $53 off new 12.9-inch Pro