BIDDEFORD — The University of New England will receive a donation of more than $1 million to grow business and innovation programs.
UNE is receiving $1.3 million from the P.D. Merrill Charitable Trust. The university says the gift will help create the P.D. Merrill Endowed Chair of Business, and it will conduct a nationwide search for someone to head up its business department.
The Biddeford university says the money will also aid its Makerspace, which is a laboratory for building that’s utilized by students from different academic disciplines. University of New England President James Herbert says the gift will “allow us to establish our business department as a regional leader.”
P.D. Merrill Charitable Trust trustee Anthony Tenneson says educational institutions like the university were “family” to P.D. Merrill, who was chair of Merrill Industries.
- Odd pink snow in the Alps is pretty, but it might also be a red flag
- The 30 best movies to watch on Netflix
- The best electric scooters for every budget in 2020
- Unemployed? Here are 8 online resume writing services to help you land a new job
- Apple Music now shows real-time synced lyrics on Samsung Smart TVs
- Facebook ad boycott organizers: Meeting with Zuckerberg was ‘disappointing’
- Trump moves to formally withdraw US from World Health Organization as of July 2021
- UFC 251 Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal: Start time, how to watch or stream online and full fight card
- See Boston Dynamics robots shake their butts to root for baseball team