ZURICH, Sept 12 (Reuters) – UBS Group has named Markus Wetter head of its Swiss equity capital markets and corporate solutions (ECMCS) business, effective immediately, a staff memo seen by Reuters on Thursday said.
UBS confirmed the appointment, which follows news in July that Thorsten Pauli was leaving UBS to head Bank of America’s equity capital markets business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
“The Swiss ECMCS business is of particular importance to the ECMCS franchise, as well as the broader CCS business. It has been a significant revenue contributor over the last few years and is a market in which UBS has a leading position,” according to the memo from Javier Martinez-Piqueras, global head of ECMCS.
UBS has advised on several large Swiss listings of late, including those of Novartis spinoff Alcon and Stadler Rail. (Reporting by Angelika Gruber, Editing by Michael Shields)
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’