President Donald Trump shared an anecdote about “Will & Grace” star Debra Messing on Twitter that he used to illustrate how “times have changed” for him and the actress, who is vocally anti-Trump.
On Saturday, Messing posted two tweets that “Fox & Friends” anchors discussed on-air Sunday morning, during a segment that the president has repeatedly quoted from in his tweets hours or even minutes later.
Messing tweeted “THANK YOU #Alabama,” in response to an article about a Baptist church sign in Birmingham that read “A black vote for Trump is mental illness” on one side and “A white vote for Trump is pure racism” on the other. She also quote-tweeted a Hollywood Reporter article about an upcoming Trump fundraiser in Beverly Hills during the week of the Emmys and asked for a name of attendees to be published.
“Many in our country have been infected with ‘Trump derangement syndrome,'” a “Fox & Friends” anchor said, before describing Messing’s tweet and suggesting that she and her “Will & Grace” co-star Eric McCormack, who also tweeted about the Hollywood Reporter article, couldn’t handle “diversity of thought.”
A few hours later, the president tweeted about Messing.
“I have not forgotten that when it was announced that I was going to do The Apprentice, and when it then became a big hit, helping NBC’s failed lineup greatly, @DebraMessing came up to me at an Upfront & profusely thanked me, even calling me ‘Sir.’ How times have changed!” Trump wrote.
In 2004, the president’s reality TV series “The Apprentice” premiered on NBC, which also aired both the original run of “Will & Grace,” which was still on air at the time, and the reboot, which is currently airing. An “Upfront” is a gathering of TV network stars, advertisers, and executives at the start of an advertising sales period, usually to present whatever slate of shows and content will be airing on the network.
Messing has yet to respond to the president’s anecdote online.
- [LLODO] Lawyer for ‘QAnon Shaman’ argues for his client’s release, compares him to Forrest Gump
- [LLODO] NYC judge overturns convictions for 3 men in 1996 murder of off-duty cop, business owner
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Hogan calls for investigation into Baltimore HS failing students, others call for shutdown
- [LLODO] Air Force veteran, Persian Gulf War POW Dale Storr speaks out on 30th anniversary of release
- [LLODO] How much do Baltimore taxpayers spend per student?
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s inner circle: What to know about embattled NY governor’s senior administration
- [LLODO] New former Cuomo aides accused Dem of sexual misconduct, reportedly inviting one to ‘dimly lit hotel room’
- [LLODO] Cuomo staffers ‘fearful to speak’ because of Dem’s ‘rage & vindictiveness,’ WaPo reporter claims