Published: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 @ 5:37 PM
The Trotwood Chamber of Commerce has decided to continue with its plan to host a business expo Thursday, an idea in the works before the Memorial Day tornadoes.
While some other community events have been canceled or postponed in the aftermath of the tornadoes, the Chamber thought it was significant to move ahead.
“It is important to show we are a thriving community and care about the businesses in our community,” said Marie Battle, executive director.
The expo gives residents and others in attendance an opportunity to visit the various vendors to see what they can provide in services and to get to know the local businesses.
“We feel it is important to let the community know the Chamber is concerned and supportive of the businesses, individuals as well as others,” Battle said.
The event is also a way for attendees to meet leaders in the community and bond with businesses in not just Trotwood but surrounding areas, as well, according to Battle.
The expo offers businesses a chance to network and form relationships.
This year vendors include management, health care, heating and air, nursing home and lawn care businesses, plus nonprofits, schools, libraries, fire and police departments. Plus, for the first time, a funeral home will attend the expo.
Past expos were used as a job fair, but the Chamber changed it for businesses to let the community know they are still open and ready to attract potential clients and buyers.
“Our mission is to work with businesses, government, individuals, non-profit sector and individuals to build a positive economic environment to ensure and enhance quality of life in Trotwood and the region,” Battle said.
The chamber hosts one expo a year.
The business expo is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Phillips Temple, 3620 Shiloh Springs Road. Admission is free.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’