- With all the large technology companies in the area, Silicon Valley sees thousands of business travelers pass through each year.
- The average price for one night in a San Francisco hotel in 2019 is $230.
- Based on the 8 most popular listings, Silicon Valley business travelers tend to choose convenience and affordability over luxurious accommodations.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Silicon Valley and San Francisco are home to many of the world’s biggest tech companies, so they’re naturally major destinations for business travelers. Yet, they are also notoriously expensive to stay in, which can make planning travel difficult.
According to Statista, the average price for a San Francisco hotel room in October 2019 is $230, a figure which has risen throughout the year, peaking in August. This price is over $100 lower than the all-time peak price of $350 in October 2015, but it’s still much higher than the $132.47 US nationwide average as of August 2019.
Many of these studio apartments and guest suites listed on Airbnb cost less than the average hotel, and are located with easy access to tech campuses. Tech workers chose low costs and limited privacy over other options; the most popular listings are private bedroom and guest suites, rather than entire apartments.
Keep reading to see where tech workers stay on business trips in Silicon Valley.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- The best gaming laptop performers for 2020: Alienware, Origin PC and more compared
- The best gaming chair to seat yourself in for 2020
- Zuckerberg-funded researchers push Facebook to block ‘incendiary’ posts
- Best foam rollers for muscle stiffness and soreness, according to pros
- Apple Card installment plan coming soon for AirPods, iPads, Macs, says report
- Best teeth whitening strips and toothpaste
- Best snack subscription box
- The best Father’s Day gifts for dad in 2020