BounceU — a place for children to release energy in a safe, enclosed atmosphere — has closed at Park Plaza at Sullivan Trail in Forks Township.
The 8,000-square-foot business abruptly closed at the mall about two weeks ago, said a representative of property owner RB Associates. The representative said there was no tenant identified yet to take over the vacancy.
BounceU was the first tenant in May 2012 when the 1800 Sullivan Trail upscale strip mall was constructed in the space that formerly housed Laneco supermarket.
Mike and Mary Principato of Williams Township, co-owners of the BounceU and parents themselves, at the time already owned two other Lehigh Valley locations in Bethlehem Township and South Whitehall Township. The Bethlehem Township location has since closed and now houses The Mill Family Fun Center, 3713 Linden St.
The Principatos did not immediately return a voicemail Wednesday afternoon about the closure. It’s unclear if gift cards or previously booked birthday parties at the Forks Township location would transfer to the Whitehall location, 3241 Hamilton Blvd.
Parties at BounceU involve guests moving through two large areas called “stadiums” filled with eight to 10 inflatable rides and a separate “party room” for pizza and cake. Trained “party pros” oversee the entire event.
BounceU also is known as a spot for field trips, preschool-aged open bounces and a family bounce nights. A popular attraction for the Principatos was the facility’s giant slide. All the inflatables underwent safety testing at the time of the Forks opening.
Mike Principato has a lengthy background in entrepreneurship. Prior to opening the BounceU locations, he was the former owner of Synergetics, a precision industrial components manufacturer that had operated in the Forks Industrial Park, closing in 2000. He also was the founder of Lehigh Valley Biz Magazine, sold to Benchmark Publishing Group in 2004.
- The 3 Ways Science Will Get Us Through The COVID-19 Pandemic – Forbes
- Six more SpaceX employees test positive for coronavirus, report says
- Three fireballs spotted burning up over just three hours
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Allen Institute reorganizes brain science division, with added focus on neural computation – Yahoo News
- What Happened Today: White House Updates, The Science Of Spreading – NPR
- 5G has no link to COVID-19 and Facebook, YouTube are taking down posts
- NFL to hold ‘fully virtual draft’ amid coronavirus shutdown
- This smart toilet recognizes your butt and analyzes poo for diseases