According to the financial website’s findings, the job itself grew by 33 percent from 2014 to 2018, while the number of young professionals taking those roles have increased by 113 percent.
Following human resource managers were: nurse practitioners, environmental scientists and geologists and civil engineers, making up the top four.
In fifth place, database administrators and physician assistants tied.
For its findings, SmartAsset compared employment data from 2014 and 2018, using information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The website’s report included only jobs that need a bachelor’s or advanced degree. It also only included occupations that had more than 15,000 employees between 25 and 34 years old in 2014.
For SmartAsset’s full ranking, here are the fastest-growing jobs for young professionals.
1. Human resource managers
2. Nurse practitioners
3. Environmental scientists and geoscientists
4. Civil engineers
5. (Tie) Database administrators
5. (Tie) Physician assistant
7. Software developers, applications and systems software
8. Computer systems analyst
9. Industrial engineers, including health and safety
10. Probation officers and correctional treatment specialists
11. Market research analysts and marketing specialists
12. Purchasing managers
13. (Tie) Aerospace engineers
13. (Tie) Financial analysts
15. Producers and directors
18. Architects, except naval
19. Medical scientists
20. General and operations managers
21. Administrative services managers
22. (Tie) Computer control programmers and operators
22. (Tie) Physical therapists
22. (Tie) Logisticians
22. (Tie) Health practitioner support technologists and technicians
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’