- Forbes released its 2019 edition of the Forbes 400 list, which ranks the wealthiest people in America. Individuals need a minimum net worth of $2.1 billion to make the list.
- Many of the women on the list are related; several, like MacKenzie Bezos and Julia Koch, are newcomers.
- The 15 richest women in the US are worth a collective $262.4 billion.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
America’s wealthiest women are philanthropic businesswomen and heiresses and, in many cases, related.
Forbes just released its annual Forbes 400 list, which highlights the net worths of America’s richest individuals. Altogether, the members of this exclusive club are worth $2.96 trillion.
The 15 richest women alone are collectively worth $262.4 billion.
Multiple members of the Mars family and the Walton family are featured on the list, indicating just how dynastic wealth is in the US. Meanwhile, women like MacKenzie Bezos and Julia Koch are making their first appearance at the top of the rankings.
Here are the 15 richest women in the US. They are ranked in ascending order of wealth and their net worths are estimates as of October 2, 2019.
- [LLODO] Florida authorities investigate tractor-trailer explosion near a Walmart
- [LLODO] North Carolina sheriff’s deputy shot after armed suspect’s gun unintentionally discharges, officials say
- [LLODO] ‘Porch pirate’ in Amazon driver garb steals packages from Virginia stoop
- [LLODO] Two Florida children are dead after car crashes into canal
- [LLODO] New DOJ rules could allow firing squads, electrocution, poisonous gas for executions
- [LLODO] Los Angeles County issues safer-at-home order that starts Nov. 30
- [LLODO] Newlyweds killed in car crash on honeymoon to Florida Keys
- [LLODO] Fire burns 3 Massachusetts homes, may be caused by exploding deep-fried turkey
- [LLODO] John Yoo: Supreme Court rejection of Cuomo’s COVID restrictions on worship upholds religious liberty