OKMULGEE, Okla. – Quick Facts:
- Okmulgee is getting ready to start a road construction project that is upsetting some business owners on Main Street.
- In the spring, the city will start work to improve water lines, the road, increase walkability and beautify the area around 6th Street and Highway 56.
- The project also includes adding 90 new parking spots to Okmulgee’s downtown area.
- However, the work will take away street parking in front of Main Street businesses. The owner of OK Straudt Jeweler is concerned the lack of parking will harm her business.
- A health clinic will also lose its street parking spots.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- You may be able to spread coronavirus just by breathing, new report finds – Science Magazine
- Female scientists allege discrimination, neglect of research on women at NIH’s child health institute – Science Magazine
- Tribeca, shuttered by coronavirus, revives its VR festival: Smaller, virtual, free
- Friday freebie roundup: HBO, 1Password, PC games, Marvel comics, Cards Against Humanity
- Amazon extends its US returns window to May 31
- Mazda’s 100th anniversary bears tasteful special edition models
- ‘iPhone SE’ launching with 256GB, 4.7-in screen, and red, white and black colors, says report
- The best 2020 iPad deals: Amazon offers $53 off new 12.9-inch Pro