- The most expensive cars being auctioned at this year’s Monterey Car Week are mostly vintage Ferraris, but the list also includes Porsches, Fords, and Aston Martins.
- The priciest car being auctioned is a McLaren, estimated to fetch upwards of $23 million.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The most expensive cars from this year’s Monterey Car Week auction range from Porsches to a Ford, although the list is heavily dominated by the king of vintage cars: Ferrari.
A McLaren is projected to be this year’s priciest vehicle at the Monterey auctions. It’s estimated to fetch upwards of $23 million for the single unit. Hagerty, an insurance company for collector vehicles, has projected that the six auctions during Monterey Car Week 2019 will finish with total sales of over $380 million, according to CNBC.
Last year’s auctions finished with sales totaling $371 million. There, the most expensive car auctioned was a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO that went for a record-breaking $48.4 million.
Whether you’re looking to bid or curious about the cars that bidders are about to spend millions of dollars on, here are the 30 most expensive cars being auctioned off this week:
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing