Forget about “ HQ2” — last September, Amazon opened a gigantic facility in New York City that instantly created thousands of jobs.
It was Amazon’s first major “fulfillment center” in New York City and New York State, and it was specifically opened to serve one of Amazon’s largest delivery markets: the New York City metro region.
The shipping warehouse, based in Staten Island, is also one of Amazon’s most futuristic — in addition to the thousands of people working there, it has dozens of robots.
Business Insider visited the massive fulfillment center last week — here’s a look inside:
- [LLODO] Louisiana police officer fatally shot over alleged mask dispute at high school basketball game
- [LLODO] Virginia officer fatally shot during traffic stop in Stanley
- [LLODO] Daughter of Michigan COVID-19 nursing home resident shares heartbreaking account: ‘We watched her fade’
- [LLODO] Georgia deputies wounded in shooting; 2 suspects in custody after overnight manhunt
- [LLODO] 12-year-old Florida girl arrested for allegedly selling stun guns to students
- [LLODO] Georgia horseback instructor goes missing under suspicious circumstances
- [LLODO] Man wins $500G Powerball prize with numbers from his fortune cookie
- [LLODO] Cuomo once urged female reporter to eat an entire sausage sandwich in front of him