Rafael Nadal won the US Open for the fourth time in his career with a thrilling 5-set win over Daniil Medvedev.
More importantly for the history of the sport, Nadal is now one Grand Slam title behind Roger Federer’s record of 20. The US Open was Nadal’s 19th Grand Slam championship, and he won it two years faster than Federer won his 19th.
Nadal also put a little space between him and the youngest member of “The Big 3,” Novak Djokovic, who has won 16 slams. Djoker would have to win two of the next four to keep pace with Nadal.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- New search methods are ramping up the hunt for alien intelligence – Science News
- These Comics About Science Will Give You A Much-Needed Laugh – BuzzFeed News
- You can help medical science just by playing a new Borderlands mini-game – Ars Technica
- Social scientists scramble to study pandemic, in real time – Science Magazine
- Elaborately decorated eggs predate Easter by thousands of years – Science Magazine
- Coronavirus updates: ‘This will be a painful week’
- Galaxy S20 Ultra vs. Pixel 4: Which phone camera is better
- Google Doodle thanks custodians, sanitation workers battling coronavirus