It happened Monday around 6 a.m. at the Wells Fargo in the 700 block of Adams Ave. in the Crescentville section.
Investigators said the business owner suffered minor injuries but wasn’t able to get a good look at the men after being pepper sprayed.
Lt. Dennis Rosenbaum said detectives believed the robbers planned the attack.
Rosenbaum said the victim owns a supermarket and usually makes large cash deposits at the same time following weekend business.
Rosenbaum is asking business owners to be cautious and change their routine often when making cash deposits at any dropbox location.
Detectives are working the investigation in hopes of getting a solid description of the suspects.
Copyright © 2019 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.
- [LLODO] New York cops save dog, cat from burning house after escaping children tell them pets were inside
- [LLODO] California authorities ID most survivors of deadly human-smuggling crash as illegal immigrants
- [LLODO] Texas natural gas explosion sparks fire, possibly 10 utility workers injured: report
- [LLODO] NYC’s largest charter operator claims officials reneged on promise to provide students space
- [LLODO] Lawyer for ‘QAnon Shaman’ argues for his client’s release, compares him to Forrest Gump
- [LLODO] West Virginia opens many businesses to 100% capacity amid vaccination progress
- [LLODO] LeBron James narrates pro-BLM voting-rights ad for NBA All-Star Game: ‘They fear it’
- [LLODO] Spring Break veers toward ‘normal’ in Florida – despite coronavirus pandemic