Michiganders are furious over Vice President Mike Pence’s motorcade on the historic Mackinac Island — and for good reason.
As a native Michigander, Mackinac Island holds a special place in my heart. The quaint town barred vehicles in 1898 over health concerns for the horses that live on the island. Natives tend to bike everywhere, or travel by horse-drawn carriage.
Today, the vehicle ban adds to the “old-school” feel of the area, along with its Victorian architecture and the presence of horse-drawn carriages.
Here are 12 photos that show exactly why Michiganders are so furious with Pence driving on Mackinac Island:
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Samsung launches hand-washing app for Galaxy Watch
- Workers criticize Amazon’s response to protests due to its work with law enforcement
- A $15 toaster and highly rated blender for $30 at Best Buy
- Google faces $5 billion lawsuit for tracking people in incognito mode
- Pokemon Sword and Shield’s first expansion hits Nintendo Switch on June 17
- Zoom won’t add end-to-end encryption to free calls so it can keep aiding police
- Volkswagen Arteon shows off new looks ahead of debut
- Acura Type S badge headed for MDX and ILX replacement, leak suggests