PHOENIXVILLE — An investigation into “discrepancies” in the finances of the Phoenixville Area School District have been announced in the wake of the resignation of the district’s former business manager two weeks ago.
According to a notice sent out by Phoenixville Area School District Superintendent Alan Fegley, the discrepancies were found after an internal audit was performed following the resignation of Chris Gehris.
In a letter addressed to the Phoenixville community on the school district’s website, Fegley states:
“The Board of School Directors and PASD Administration have reported these discrepancies to the authorities and have recommended the hiring of an independent firm to conduct a complete forensic audit of the District’s finances and business practices.”
Fegley added that although he could not go into detail about the ongoing investigation, he wanted to inform the public that business functions will continue as normal.
The district has hired Richard Fazio as the interim business manager to oversee all business and financial matters.
Fazio has more than 25 years of experience as a business manager, including 20 years in the Downingtown Area School District. He will continue in this interim role over the next several months until a permanent Business Manager is hired, according to Fegley.
“The Board of School Directors and PASD Administration are committed to transparency and the efficient use of our financial resources. We will work diligently to keep the community informed as we complete this process. I thank you for your patience and continued support,” wrote Fegley.
- Cysteine depletion induces pancreatic tumor ferroptosis in mice – Science Magazine
- Climate monitoring and research could fall victim to coronavirus, scientists fear – The Guardian
- 5 top meat delivery options for your Easter or Passover feast
- Tales From the Loop review: Amazon Prime Video gets very weird, very slowly
- Two children sue Google for allegedly collecting students’ biometric data
- Disney Plus: Everything to know about Disney streaming right now
- Captain Marvel sequel gets 2022 release date after Black Panther 2
- Volkswagen partners with fabric supplier for more medical gear
- Waymo halts self-driving car fleet due to coronavirus