CORPORATE SPONSORS WANTED: San Frances Veterinary Hospital will host its third-annual Mutt Strut Oct. 26 at Crews Lake Park in Shady Hills. The event will feature a dog costume contest and parade around the park to raise awareness that pets improve people’s quality of life. Corporate sponsors and donations of items to be raffled off are needed. This is a free event, but donations will be welcome for the hospital’s Angel Fund, which helps clients whose pets’ health care is a financial hardship. For details, contact Lisa Campos at [email protected]
NEW LENNAR COMMUNITY: Lennar is opening its newest community in south Pasco County. Briarwinds is a single-family home community on the northwest corner of County Line Road and Cypress Creek in Wesley Chapel. It features 77 home sites, with homes featuring Connected Home by Lennar, which connects Ring, Honeywell, Amazon and others to make a “smart home” as soon as homeowners move in. Additional Lennar communities in Pasco County include Bexley, Connerton, Enclave at Meadow Pointe and others. For information on Lennar homes, call (844) 478-5429.
AMERICAN HOUSE CELEBRATES 10 YEARS: American House Zephyrhills is hosting a 10-year anniversary celebration from 2 to 4 p.m. Sept. 8 at 38130 Pretty Pond Road, Zephyrhills. The celebration will include a live performance by the Waikiki Dancers, a Hawaiian musician and a Samoan fire dancer. There will be a shaved-ice truck, photo booth, professional face painting, festive hors d’oeuvres and beverages. Tours of the community will be provided and American House’s professional staff will be on hand to answer questions about the community.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT SEMINAR: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will offer a weight management information seminar from 6 to 7 p.m. Sept. 11, and again on Sept. 25, at the Rao Musunuru, MD, Conference Center, 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson. It will be conducted by Dr. Donald Fridley II, who specializes in general and bariatric surgery. He will discuss the new bariatric service provided at the hospital. Healthy refreshments will be served. There is no cost to attend, but seating is limited and reservations are required. Call (727) 869-5498.
ADVENTHEALTH EVENTS: AdventHealth Dade City will host the following events at the hospital, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City (in classrooms 107 and 108):
• Girls Night Out: Call Me Crafty, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 10. It includes creating a unique wood design with the Dade City Magnolia House. There will be hors d’oeuvres, as well as women’s health and wellness information. Guests will have a chance to meet Jennifer Roller, MD, of Roller Gynecology. The cost is $34. Reservations are required. RSVP at tinyurl.com/callmecrafty.
• Bingo Bonanza, 2 to 3 p.m. Sept. 12. Guests can enjoy bingo, prizes and refreshments, and listen to speaker, Lowell Clark, MD, medical director of the hospital’s new 45-bed Transitional Care Unit. The event is free. Reservations are required. Call 833-300-2371 or visit adventhealthdadecity.com
GOLF CLASSIC: The “SurgeryPlus Classic benefiting the Good Samaritan Health Clinic of Pasco” will be Sept. 14 at Innisbrook Golf Resort on the Copperhead Golf Course in Palm Harbor, which is home of the PGA Tour Valspar Championship. The cost is $1,000 per team, which includes breakfast, range balls, golf for four players, lunch, prizes and beer provided by Escape Brewery, a local craft brewery. Sponsors include SurgeryPlus, Escape Brewing and Florida Joint Care Institute, a Trinity-based orthopedic practice. For information on participating or sponsorships, contact Ryan Burke at [email protected] or (813) 951-4432.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A “YouTube for Businesses” class will be offered from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 18 at the SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. It will be offered again from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 25 at the SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. Call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Results-Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, Land O’ Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 17, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Opportunities in Franchises, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni’s Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, [email protected] or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected].
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected].
- [LLODO] California high court upholds ending adult trials for 14- and 15-year-old offenders
- [LLODO] Capitol police officer’s family says riot ‘trauma’ prompted suicide; seeks ‘line of duty’ designation
- [LLODO] NYC schools chancellor resigns, citing COVID-19 personal toll
- [LLODO] CPAC speaker Marsha Blackburn: What to know about Tennessee senator
- [LLODO] US firepower in Syria strike is revealed as officials brace for Iran’s next move
- [LLODO] Colorado bill would grant child sexual assault victims unlimited time to sue abusers
- [LLODO] Army’s first female infantry officer says lowering fitness standards for women would put ‘mission at risk’
- [LLODO] Sentences reduced for some men convicted in 1993 WTC bombing