EMMAUS, Pa. – An optical store in Emmaus is celebrating a milestone: Six decades in the business, and it’s stayed all in the family.
Not many stores can stay open for six years, let alone 60. However, Schneck Optical in Emmaus is one of those rare birds.
Amanda Schneck is the third generation to run the store. Her grandfather Arthur started the business in 1959.
“He actually started the business out of his home. They even used to grind their own lenses in the basement, making eye glasses,” Amanda said.
Her father ran the business until he died in 2012.
“My father, he had considered being a professional musician, but he followed in the footsteps of his father to help run the family business,” Amanda said.
Amanda didn’t step into the business until 2016.
She thinks the key to success is keeping their finger on the pulse for their customers.
“I’m constantly learning, reading, studying about new trends in fashion as well eye care,” Amanda said.
However, if you ask Bill Davis, who’s been coming here for 50 years, it’s the quality.
“This is an excellent place. They do very good work,” Davis said.
Whatever it is, Amanda keeps looking forward.
“This is our 60th anniversary and I’m looking ahead to 65 already.”
- [LLODO] Political cartoon of the day: Playing Biden like a violin
- [LLODO] California Ghost Ship warehouse founder gets nine years in prison in inferno that killed 36
- [LLODO] Nevada Democratic Party staff quits after Democratic socialists sweep party leadership positions: report
- [LLODO] AFT uses Meghan Markle to promote the power of unions
- [LLODO] Hawaii dam in danger of failing, evacuations ordered, officials say
- Matthew Liu | Space Exploration: The case for government-funded basic science research – The Daily Pennsylvanian
- Jupyter has revolutionized data science, and it started with a chance meeting between two students – TechRepublic
- North America Life Science Tools Market 2020-2027: Opportunities in the Rise in the Number of Strategic Deals & Developments – GlobeNewswire