A man who chronicled his experience when he was the only passenger on a Delta flight didn’t have quite the experience he suggested, according to the airline.
Vincent Peone posted the video showing his experience boarding the flight, meeting the pilots, and going through the safety briefing as the sole passenger on board flight 3652 from Aspen to Salt Lake City.
The video was viewed millions of times since it was posted to Twitter on Monday, and was covered by numerous media outlets, including Business Insider.
All of that actually happened, and made for a unique and fun experience.
What Peone left out, however, was that the flight never actually took off. Shortly after the plane pushed back from the gate, as it was taxiing to the runway, the pilots noticed a maintenance issue and had to return the plane to the gate.
“Delta Connection Flight 3652 last week pushed back but shortly returned to the gate due to a maintenance issue. The aircraft departed a short time later without any customers onboard,” the airline said in a statement.
After the flight returned to the gate, it was cancelled and Peone was rebooked for the following day.
In a statement posted on Twitter, Peone said he stood by the video, calling it an “awesome experience.”
“My video is 100% true…and then I stopped filming,” he said. “The footage I have tells a short, funny, and positive story…I had some laughs with the amazing crew while living the dream.”
Delta initially seemed to confirm the video’s veracity on Twitter, replying that it looked like “an awesome experience.” A Delta spokesperson told ABC News that the Twitter agents were “responding to something in the moment” and were glad that Peone looked like he was enjoying the brief experience.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing