Cuadra rebuilt his business, and today his company produces cowboy boots, shoes, jackets, and belts for consumers in 27 countries. Through those recovering years, his sons grew up and “got at the age where they realized that we can do something like this together. When they became 18, they started racing in Monterrey, Mexico. Cristian is the current champion in Mexico in the upper class. It’s a series like the Top Sportsman, but they call it Super Pro,” the proud dad — a seven-time champion in Mexico himself — said.
Cristian, who has followed his father in business and established his own shoe-manufacturing company, wanted to join his dad also in the Pro Stock class. And dad Fernando Cuadra said, “Suddenly Chris McGaha and his team helped us with the engine and tuning.”
This year, Pro Stock powerhouse KB/Summit Racing has taken the Cuadras under its umbrella.
Returning to the sport was a challenge, for not only had the technology advanced in huge leaps, but the NHRA had mandated sweeping changes, notably from carburetors to electronic fuel injection. So Cuadra’s concern was more than just “a lot of butterflies in your stomach.”
He said, “I was expecting and hoping that I would have a second chance in my life. We got it and then my sons helped me tremendously. They told me, ‘Dad, we can help you set up the cars, clutches. You just need to be with the right teams.’ They help me tremendously to come back and be decent driving and get better rounds.”
He told his sons, “If you also finish school in a good way, you can have also your Pro Stock.”
Cristian drives it, and David helps with the clutch and once he gets some seat time, he’ll join the others in Pro Stock.
After his experience in re-establishing his business, Fernando Cuadra knows patience pays off.
“It’s how we work: humble, focused, respect people, work hard,” he said. “Wake up, work, do your best, and the results will come.”
- Lack of diversity in science – EurekAlert
- Podcast series a study aid for USMLE health systems science content – American Medical Association
- Communication centers are in a unique position to help scientists bridge science and society | | SBU News – Stony Brook News
- Ross: It’s time to start balancing science of reopening with our needs – MyNorthwest.com
- ‘Rooted in Science’: Public Health Advisory Team lends expertise to William & Mary’s COVID-19 response – William & Mary News
- When should you end a conversation? Probably sooner than you think – Science Magazine
- Transamerica Survey Finds Higher Education Institutions Turn to Their Retirement Plan Service Provider to Help Address Unprecedented Challenges – PRNewswire
- [LLODO] Phil Collins’ Alamo artifacts collection go on display in Texas
- Non-qualified Plans Spur More Education and Advice Opportunities – National Association of Plan Advisors