NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – The Newport News Police Department responded to an armed robbery at a business Wednesday afternoon.
According to police, the call came in at 4:57 p.m. for a robbery in the 9000 block of Warwick Boulevard. When police arrived, they met with the reporting person, who told them that an unknown man entered the store, displayed a weapon and demanded cash.
The suspect is described as a black man wearing a white bandana and a dark-colored beanie. After he took an undisclosed amount of money and one other item, he exited the building and fled south on Warwick Boulevard.
No injuries were reported, and the investigation remains ongoing.
If you or someone you know has information in this case that could lead to an arrest, take action and call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. You can also submit a tip using the P3Tips app.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’