It’s a new breed of apple – with an otherworldly name.
Cosmic Crisp will reportedly hit grocery store shelves in December, with about 450,000 boxes to ship out in 2019. That number is expected to grow to more than 2 million by 2020, and skyrocket to 21 million by 2026.
The apple has a bright yellow dot, making it seem as if there is a distant star painted on its bright red exterior.
According to researchers, it keeps for a longer period of time in both storage and the refrigerator. The variety is a cross between Honeycrisp and the disease-resistant Enterprise apple.
In Washington, the apple business is a $2.5 billion-dollar enterprise. The state grows at least 60 percent of the U.S. apple supply.
- Best baby food delivery subscription services to use for 2020
- The best smart lock for 2020: August, Schlage and more
- Verizon extends discounted internet plans through 2020
- PlayStation shares a first look at Spider-Man PS5 game
- Subaru Crosstrek gets a bigger engine and a tiny price bump for 2021
- Odd pink snow in the Alps is pretty, but it might be a red flag
- The NBA is coming back: Dates, locations, who’s sitting out and how to watch basketball’s 2020 return
- Fortnite Season 3 challenges and where to find Floating Rings at Pleasant Park
- Musk claims Tesla will have ‘basic functionality’ for Level 5 autonomy this year